(Troy 100% through Reinarda Mineração Ltda)
The Andorinhas Mine is located in the state of Pará in northern Brazil approximately 45km from the town of Rio Maria and 17km from the town of Floresta do Araguaia and approximately 310km from the town of Marabá.
Occupational Health and Safety
Reinarda operates a comprehensive Health and Safety system and is dedicated to the pursuit of a “zero harm” environment.
Reinarda has a full functioning clinic, attended by a team of nurses and a dedicated Doctor. Two ambulances and a firefighting trailer are ready to attend to any emergency, whether it is within the mining area or to assist the local community.
Environment and Reforestation
Reinarda is justifiably proud of its environmental stewardship and its efforts to operate in an environmentally sustainable and responsible manner. This is exemplified by the reforestation projects that Reinarda is involved with, the most important of which is the Lagoa Seca Reforestation Project that saw an area of 190 acres replanted with a total of 25,338 native hardwood saplings. This not only aims to replace some of the lost flora from a region heavily deforested by farming and illegal mining, but it also provides a habitat where rescued animals can be safely released.
The Company continues to work with the local community and elected officials. Community projects include donations of medical equipment, refurbishment of leisure facilities, improvements to local educational faculties and the renovation of local police stations. Reinarda also assists the local community by hosting a series of educational training and awareness campaigns, focusing on the key health and social issues that impact the area. Previous campaigns have included Dengue, AIDS, STD, oral hygiene and intestinal worm awareness sessions.
- Access is via a 5m x 5m ramp decline system.
- Two mining methodologies are currently used – Shrink Stoping and Cut and Fill.
- The mine operates three drill Jumbos – Atlas Copco 104, 251 and a twin boom 282 for primary development.
- Ore and waste is loaded using a fleet of LHD’s including a Toro 301, ST2G and a Caterpillar R1600G.
- All of the heavy mining equipment has automatic fire suppression systems installed.
- Firefighting equipment and fully equipped rescue chambers are located at regular intervals and can be accessed by independent escape ways.
- The mine also runs two underground diamond drill rigs – a Boart Longyear LM75 and Diamec U4.
Processing Plant - Key Facts
- The plant operates a conventional Ball Mill and CIL circuit which processes an average of 700 tonnes per day.
- Gravity gold is processed via a Knelson concentrator and an Acacia Plant (ILR).
- Recovery averages 92%.
- Tailings are treated via an INCO detoxification circuit prior to disposal in a tailings dam.